Instagram

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summertime Goodies

I love almost everything about summertime. Being outdoors, how nice it is to feel the sun on your skin, bike rides, going on the boat, and being vegan I LOVE all the fruits and veggies that are in season. Don't get me wrong I can honestly say I have things I love about each season but hey it's summer so I will talk summer. Today S and I went to Costco to get a few staples we like to stock up on and as walking around we came upon a nice selection of small seedless watermelons in a 2 pack and then on the opposite side I saw some huge papayas. I would rather eat organic but I could not pass up such a good deal on papayas. We also picked up some fresh pineapple as well. When we got home S had to cut up all the fruit. It seems I am having some coordination problems lately and I think S was worried I was going to cut my finger off. I already had some organic nectarines that I picked up at Whole Foods last week and S cut those up as well. So now we have fresh watermelon, papaya, nectarines, and pineapple. I think I am going to make a couple fruit salads to take on the boat tomorrow but I just couldn't resist having some papaya with fresh squeezed lime now. YUMMY! Now I will have a yummy fruit salad everyday with my lunch. Tomorrow I will get up early, pick up my mom, we will take Bella for a walk in the park, then we will go to Whole Foods to get items for my breakfast smoothie and some things to have for lunch and then after I drop my mom off I will come home make my smoothies and then S, Bella and I will go on the boat. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment