Instagram

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fajita Salad

We decided to make taco salads for dinner and I made a vegan version for mine of course. First I mixed some spices    to sauté my veggies in. 
Chili powder 2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Paprika 1 tsp
Onion powder 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp
Ground cumin 1/2 tsp
I put all of the spices in a small jar and added some water. Shook to blend. I cut up an organic red and green bell pepper and halved some cherry tomatoes. I added a little coconut oil to a pan and once it melted I added the veggies. 
I cooked the veggies until they were slightly tender and then I added a tsp of sweetener (sugar, honey, or maple syrup) and the spice mixture I prepared earlier. I cooked the veggies a little longer and then set aside. 
To make the salad I started with lettuce then I added some black beans, the cooked veggies, fresh cucumber, sliced black olives and half of an avocado. 
No dressing needed. This salad was amazing and so quick and easy to make. Use any type of lettuce and add any veggies you would like. Now S of course cooked hamburger meat in taco seasoning and he didn't cook his peppers and tomatoes. S also left out the beans and avocado but added Fritos and salad dressing. See, meat eaters and non meat eaters alike can eat this. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment