Instagram

Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Day on the MOJO

The radio DJ said the heat index was 102F but on the MOJO there was a nice little breeze.  Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp was playing (I love that song) and everything was still and quite.  I was reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, S was reading a book and Bella was sleeping at our feet.  We have a really cool set up.  We have a sheet that we attach to the T-Top and then tie it off to the back of the boat.  It gives us a nice shaded area and lets plenty of the ocean breeze pass through.  When we feel like getting some good old vitamin D we just go to the front of the boat.

Our Shaded Area

Let me make one thing clear.  I am a huge chicken and I do not swim in brackish water, S on the other hand has no problem with it and now he has Bella as ready as he is to take a dip into the unknown.  Okay I am being a little dramatic but let’s be honest I would rather see what is around me instead of being surprised. 

Bella Swimming


Honestly Bella couldn’t get enough of the water.  As soon as I would get her out and put her in my lap to watch S swim a little longer she was ready go get back in.  If we took her life vest off she would stand at the edge and look into the water. 


Can I get back in?

Overall it was a great day and I was finally able to wear my great SPF 50 hat my mom bought for me.  I love it and as soon as I saw it I was reminded of the movie “Agatha Christie’s Poirot” Evil Under the Sun, great movie, I love it.


Well it was a great day and I am so fortunate that I am able to enjoy the beautiful ocean without all the crowds.  A day of relaxing, reading, listening to great music, getting some sun and spending time with S and Bella, there aren’t many things better than that.


Pelican

                                                      
Bella trying to figure out how to get the pelican.

No comments:

Post a Comment